Modern smart security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. Even so, you may still forget to perform basic security chores like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to worry about these chores in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Joplin, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Joplin For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your house, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components take advantage of to share information with each other. The technology assists your home security by putting all components onto a single network. You can set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and program the specific actions you want to occur as you move beyond the boundary.
For example, shortly after you exit your driveway, you can program your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will alert your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, turn on lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Here are several of the components you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics including speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home’s security system in Joplin. When you download the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart components to operate at a specific time. Direct various lights to lower to tell you that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific devices activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat activate the fan when the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your security camera detects unusual motion around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that all act in unison. Have your lights lower, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or customize a scene for TV night with preset light and HVAC settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to arm your alarm when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Joplin
Whether you desire additional peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our representatives today at (417) 233-4713 or send in the following form to start designing your optimal security system.